People often ask why I love to diffuse essential oils.
Well being a long time scent junkie or should I say candle-holic, I was sad to learn that my addiction to burning a candle in every room just might not be the best thing I could’ve been doing for my health or for the health of those around me. I simply had to find healthier and more organic way to satisfy my cravings. THE FACTS:
- A lot of the candles we burn are made from paraffin wax, when you burn paraffin it forms the toxic substances benzene and toluene both of these are know to be carcinogens.
- Some candles even have a tendency towards lead core in the wicks, nobody wants to release that in their environment.
- Because we love beautiful things and the marketplace is appealing to our scenes, many of our candles even the soy ones are enhanced with artificial scents and colored with harmful dyes.
Enough said, I made the decision to my part by not spreading toxins in the air with my burning candles.
Diffusing pure essential oils gave me all of my fabulous scents with the added benefit of promoting physical and mental health. Just one of the many gifts of diffusing oil is that you can choose your oils to suit you and create customized blends of the oils to fit your mood or your current situation.
- Blend them is your work space to create an atmosphere of clarity, energy and stimulate focus.
- Use them in your home to promote, relaxation, calmness and a sense of general well being.
- In your bedroom use one oil in the evening for a restful night sleep and in the morning to strength and toning while doing your morning meditation or exercise.
I chose Neal’s Yard Remedies, because I think of them at the pioneers of essential oils. Their oils are all 100% pure and unadulterated.
They believe that wild-crafted and organically grown plants are better for you, the growers and pickers, their communities and the environment. By severely restricting the use of harmful chemical fertilizers and pesticides that are used you can be sure you are getting the best possible product.
To order call us . 813.287.2253 or shop online @ https://us.nyrorrganic.com/shop/ig2go
LEARN HOW IMPLEMENTING THESE 10 SIMPLE SELF CARE EXERCISES INTO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER! .
We’ve been taught to show compassion for others, but how often do we afford ourselves with that same level of kindness? Truthfully we don’t, and I frequently wonder why we don’t treat ourselves as our own best friend. We’ve done some thinking and our team has created some quick and simple self care rituals that you should practice on a regular basis. By implementing these steps daily into your routine you will self soothe and make sure you’re at your optimum,emotionally, physically, and mentally.
Including these steps into your life will increase a little bit of love and attention for your own body, mind, and soul. With attention to your own self care you can begin to feel more connected to your inner self and what naturally follows in greater joy.
10 Self Caring Exercises that will Boost your Power
- Stand or sit in front of mirror Look into your own eyes and tell yourself, “I see you. You’re beautiful. I love you.”You can talk to yourself about how proud you are of a certain accomplishment or how you handled a situation at work or home. Speak about what gets you connected to the true reality of who you are an intuitive, strong, courageous being.
- Think Positively: Write yourself a list of positive affirmations things you are happy with right now and changes of where you want to be. Read them out loud to yourself daily. The power of affirmations is well documented the truth is that what we manifest becomes our reality!
- Do something grounding something that involves connecting your body with the Earth in whatever way makes sense for you. Lying on the ground in the grass and meditating for 10 minutes. Walking barefoot in the sand.
- Be grateful and say “thanks” for all the greatness in your life. Do this before bed and when you awake for the new day.
- Before you begin to eat, be mindful of your food. Take time to think about where it comes from or how it was grown, who prepared it with you or for you. Appreciate it, delight in the flavor and enjoy the food for what it is, fuel for your body.
- Use Laughter As Medicine: Laughter boosts oxygen levels and improves circulation and immunity response. Plus, you get a good belly workout!
- Get a massage regularly Getting a massage releases toxins from your body, which promotes relaxation.
- Try Acupuncture, acupuncture triggers your nervous system to send serotonin to your brain (instant relaxation!)
- Start a Journal: Journaling can help you make sense of your feelings. Simply start writing about how you feel go back and read it latter see if you don’t feel differently.
- A healthy diet is a big part of any successful self-care plan. Nutrition has been linked with emotional, physical, and cognitive health. Eating a healthy diet gives your brain and your body the vitamins and minerals needed to stay well.
Was last night the sixth holiday party we just attended? Yes, it surely was. Or perhaps it was the thirteen. I’ve lost count. While I relished every last friend, holiday/new year wish, hors d’oeuvre, cookie & cocktail with gusto, I am now carried away to a more sensible space. Here in Florida it’s a sometimes cold place we call January.
If you are like us and many others, who have spent the last month stuffed with stuffing and tipsy with holiday cheer, January brings with it a promising opportunity for replenishment, balance, and the only way to do that is by giving your body everything it needs to thrive. Lots of healthy foods and vegetables.
But to go right from cookies to carrots in 0 to 60 seconds seems crazy, we believe the body must be eased back into it’s normal patterns gently and reasonably. No fad diets, or pill will have you looking and feeling your best.
At Intelligent Gourmet, we know it’s not about losing weight – it’s about living your best life. That said, for many of us, part of becoming healthier, happier people involves undoing some of the less-great decisions of the last several weeks and, yes, losing weight. Unfortunately, changing your lifestyle doesn’t happen overnight (though one diet claims otherwise)
What matters is keeping your nutrition high, your calories controlled, and your exercise up!
Try working your way back into some better eating habits with a healthy soup packed with protein and vegetables. Here we share with you a recipe for a very versatile lentil soup that you can easily adapt to your families personal preferences and pantry inventory:
- 1 # package of dried lentils (You can use any kind you like, red, green, brown and black beluga)
- 1 medium yellow onion, (small diced)
- 1 large carrots, (small diced)
- 2 ribs of celery (small diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed
- 1 12 oz package of winter squash cubes (available at most grocers)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 4-6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 hand full of your favorite greens chopped, (kale, spinach, mustard, or chard)
- juice of 1 lemon
- flat leaf parsley (for garnish)
- olive oil
- Start my heating some olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over moderate heat, (you do not want the olive oil smoking) Add the chopped, carrot, celery and onion and allow these vegetable to sauté slowly about 8 – 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Once the vegetables are soft and the onion is translucent add in your chopped garlic, salt and spices, stir and cook another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in your winter squash cubes of choice and toss to combine.
- Add 4 cups of your stock ( chicken or vegetable depending on if you are making this vegan or not), and bring to a boil.
- Add in your raw lentils ( Lentils do not need to be soaked like other beans but do rinse, Check the cooking time on the package, which can vary from one type to the next. Red lentils cook in as little as 15 minutes while the black ones can take as long as 45 minutes.)
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until lentils are just tender but not mushy, and your squash is soft. (Add additional stock if you want a thinner soup adjust to your liking)
- When the lentils are just tender, add the chopped greens. (They’ll only take a minute or two to wilt remove the pot from the burner as soon as the greens are wilted and bright green.)
- Finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, and a generous amount of chopped parsley. Adjust salt if necessary.
Change up your meal in any one of these 4 ways.
- You can trade 1/2 the stock with coconut cream for a creamy flavor.
- Season with smoked paprika, a touch of liquid smoke, and a ham bone.
- Add in a 14 ounce can of diced tomato for another variation.
- Serve with a tablespoon of greek yogurt on top.